1959. Paperback. Ex-library softcover. Volume 27, numbers 3-4 for the year 1959. Books in very good condition. Item #124735
The Liturgical Arts Society was organized in New York in 1928 as a national effort to promote the arts that support Roman Catholic liturgy and culture. It was formed by lay people but also included members of the American hierarchy, foreign prelates, clergy, and women religious. Gerard L. Carroll was its president. In 1931 it began publication of the journal Liturgical Arts with the secretary of the society, Maurice Lavanoux, serving as editor. In 1972 Liturgical Arts ceased publication and the society was dissolved due to lack of funds.