1945-1954. Leather bound. A SUPERB COLLECTION OF CATHOLIC CHURCH ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS FROM THE 1940s AND 1950s. A leather folder contains a selection of xx loose plates. Each plate contains information on a single building, including such details as seating capacity and total cost ti build and furnish. There are both photographs of the building and architectural sketches. All information on each structure is on a single one-sided plate which measures 12 x 15 inches.
A TOTAL OF 152 BLACK-AND-WHITE PLATES. The portfolio itself is a mix of plates from the 1945 and 1954 editions. There is an index included from the 1954 edition although not all 1954 plates are present (nor are all 1945 plates present). Almost all the plates are churches with about a dozen being other Catholic buildings (rectories, etc). The index for the 1954 edition calls for 140 plates of which 73 were churches and the rest primarily Catholic schools. While we do not have a 1945 index, we suspect someone preserved most of the Church designs from the two portfolios and discarded most of the drawings of schools etc. Item #1240714